Gear into Summer with an updated outdoor space
Summer is just around the corner, and for many South Africans, this means the chance to enjoy plenty of long, hot days and warm, balmy evenings outdoors. Whether you have a tiny garden or room for a large outdoor area, you can make the most of your outdoor space to create an inviting area that is perfect for relaxation, entertaining and leisure time.
South Africa is certainly made for summer weather, with hot weather enjoyed throughout the country. Patios, bomas, gardens and even the tiniest of balconies can all be transformed into a space to enjoy time with friends and family in the spring and summer months, as well as throughout the rest of the year when the weather is clear. With ample experience and expertise within the garden landscaping industry FSG Landscaping Group is able to integrate outdoor dining and seating within your existing patio, create an outdoor fireplace or fire pit for cooler evenings, build a custom boma or patio from scratch and help you achieve your dream outdoor space. Whatever your idea of a perfect patio may be, we can make it a reality!
Looking for some ideas and inspiration on how to make the most out of your current space? Keep reading for some quick fix ideas that help you maximise your outdoor area and some ideas for planning a larger upgrade.
Quick Fix: Easy Ways to Enhance Your Outdoor Area
- Seating: Consider having custom seating built into your patio for an integrated seating option, or invest in some weather-proof seating that can be left outdoors without the risk of damage. Fireside seating is a great way to create a cosy atmosphere. Benches are always a practical and affordable option too.
- Drinks Station: If you have an old cabinet or bar cart that is not being used, you can use it to set up a drinks station for tea, coffee, cold drinks and even beers. Store glasses and other equipment, set up an ice bucket and stock up on your favourite beverages to enjoy while relaxing outside.
- Water Feature: Adding a mini fountain or water feature is a quick and simple way to add instant tranquility. The sound of gently running water is one that is soothing and calming. Combined with plenty of pot plants and greenery and a comfortable seating area, you will have your very own retreat in no time at all.
- Outdoor Rugs: One of the simplest (and most affordable) ways to add a comforting touch to your outdoor space is adding a rug that is suitable for outdoor weather. This will give the area a sense of cosiness, while also adding comfort underfoot.
- Mosaic: Add a touch of colour with mosaic tiles, for a look that can be as subtle or bold as you wish. This is a great choice for those who want to create a boho style sanctuary in their garden, but if you prefer a less vivid look, you can choose neutral toned mosaic tiles to place on steps, low walls or floors.